How come on the phone i hear them but they cant hear me?

I

iMore Question

I have a iphone 4 and when im speaking on facetime they can hear me but during phone calls they cannot, i have cleaned out both microphones and it is still not working.It only does this during phone calls nothing else like videos or voice memos whats wrong?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did this just start happening out of nowhere? Did you update the OS recently? Is there a chance you are hitting "Mute" within the call screen? If this did just start out of nowhere, I would recommend restoring your device through iTunes. Backup your iPhone first of course.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Did this just start happening out of nowhere? Did you update the OS recently? Is there a chance you are hitting "Mute" within the call screen? If this did just start out of nowhere, I would recommend restoring your device through iTunes. Backup your iPhone first of course.

No happened quite awhile ago I checked the mute button. Mute was off.

The phone rings now.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
There is a physical Silent/Ringer switch on the left hand side of the iPhone that controls the ringer/vibrate for notifications. I was talking about the "Mute" option when you are on a call. Within the call screen where you can "End" the call, the top right on-screen button says "Mute". By pressing that, you could hear the caller, but they won't be able to hear you. The button would be white if it was active.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods