Why can't I delete my iPhone apps on "waiting?"

I

iMore Question

Hi all, I've been having this issue with my iPhone for almost a year now. It isn't a HUGE HUGE problem, but the thing is, it's a terrible eyesore now, especially after the 15th month (around) dealing with it. So when I first got my iPhone, I initially synced it with my iTunes on my computer to transfer everything I had from my iTouch. However, these were apps that were on my brother's Apple ID (I believe), so that may have had something to do with this becoming all screwed up. The thing is, now I have a handful of apps just sitting on "waiting," and when it's not on waiting, I was able to press the "X" to delete, but it simply did not delete. It just went back to place as if I never touched it. I've tried just about everything at this point - re-syncing with my library (obviously didn't work if I've had this issue for more than a year now), a simple re-boot, and trying to find the apps in the "Usage" section of the settings. Somebody please help out here. I don't need a folder called "bullsh!t" for another year.. In any event, thanks in advance if you read this at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If those apps were installed using your brother's Apple ID, you will have to sign out of the iTunes & App store and then sign back in with your brother's Apple ID to update those apps. With all of the new security in place, you may need to use his Apple ID to delete the apps from the device as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2