How do I watch videos on the Seagate Wireless Plus in iOS 8?
when trying to watch a video it states the native player does not work.
- 10-03-2014, 08:19 PM #2
re: How do I watch videos on the Seagate Wireless Plus in iOS 8?
A similar thread can be viewed via the following link.
The device's website state the following:
Can I play files from my Seagate Wireless Plus on my iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch?
Yes. Files can be played via Wi-Fi. Videos in formats that are compatible with iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch can be streamed using the Seagate Media app or an internet browser. Unsupported video formats can be played back using a third party media player of your choice. Also, videos can be converted to a playable format on the computer using a third party application before copying the files to the Seagate Wireless Plus.
For instructions on how to view and play your media, please see pages 7-9 of the user guide.
Source: Seagate Wireless Plus - frequently asked questions
Have you followed the instructions found on pages 7 - 9 of the device's user guide?
- 10-28-2014, 07:08 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: How do I watch videos on the Seagate Wireless Plus in iOS 8?
Unfortunately for the time being you are out of luck. Since the upgrade to iOS 8 you can no longer stream iTunes purchased videos. I am not sure of this is an attempt by apple to exercise tighter control or if it is a bug seagate has yet to fix. In any case seagates instructions are out of date because it did work with iOS 7. Sorry I cannot provide you with better news but it better that you not waste your time. Seagate like most tech companies is reluctant to announce bad news.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2016, 11:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:59 PM
- By LJ20 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:18 PM
- By forbiddens in forum iPhone 6Replies: 8Last Post: 10-03-2014, 07:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2014, 06:40 PM