Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How can my granddaughter send text messages to my Android device from her iPod Touch?

My grand daughter has an ipod touch I got her for her birthday She cannot text my android phone from her device. Is there an app that she can download to make this possible?
  2. Best Answer

You can use FB messenger, whatsapp, Google Hangouts, there are a bunch of them, is there something that you already use?

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Default re: How can my granddaughter send text messages to my Android device from her iPod Touch?

You can use FB messenger, whatsapp, Google Hangouts, there are a bunch of them, is there something that you already use?

Default re: How can my granddaughter send text messages to my Android device from her iPod Touch?

I was under the impression that you could not send SMS messages from an iPod Touch or an iPad. Maybe Facebook Chat, Google Hangouts, and similar apps would be best suited for this. Either way, your grand daughter will still need to be connected via Wi-Fi to be able to communicate with you.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: How can my granddaughter send text messages to my Android device from her iPod Touch?

Any IM APP
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: How can my granddaughter send text messages to my Android device from her iPod Touch?

Can I use iMessage?
    iMore Elite

Quote Originally Posted by James Barrios View Post
    Can I use iMessage?
    Can you use iMessage for what? To "text" from an iPod Touch to an Android phone? The answer to that is "no".

Otherwise, can you elaborate on your question.