Specific tone shows up in iTunes & looks like they're synced, so why can't I see it on the phone?

I

iMore Question

Specific tone shows up in iTunes & looks like they're synced, so why can't I see it on the phone?

Specific tone shows up in iTunes, looks like it synced, but I cannot see it on the phone.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
re: Specific tone shows up in iTunes & looks like they're synced, so why can't I see it on the phone?

I'm still searching for a solution to this one. I'm having the same issue. I've heard that iTunes now has a tones folder in addition to ringtones. I've found that folder and my next step is to add some of the tones that don't show up to that folder and sync again. I'll post if it works.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
re: Specific tone shows up in iTunes & looks like they're synced, so why can't I see it on the phone?

When in iTunes on the device selection, and going to the Tones tab, is "Sync Tones" checked? It's at the top of the Tones tab. If not, it will not sync any custom tones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Specific tone shows up in iTunes & looks like they're synced, so why can't I see it on the phone

Specific tone shows up in iTunes, looks like it synced, but I cannot see it on the phone.
Where have you looked? Did you go to Settings - Sounds - and then tap on Ringtone or Text Tone to see if the tones are listed with the native ones?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner