How do I find my wi-fi password?

I

iMore Question

I just updated my 5s and the phone is requiring a password. I don't remember it so how do I find it? Thanks

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my 5s and the phone is requiring a password. I don't remember it so how do I find it? Thanks

You can't view saved wifi passwords on the iPhone. You have to go to the source.

I found this out when I was trying to get a coworkers phone into our work wifi. I guess it's for security reasons? Not sure. I had to ask the IT guy to add her.

Last edited:

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
If your using your default password on your route go to the modem/router it is on a sticker on the side it is usually a 16 character code and it is case sensitive.

if you have changed the password then hopefully you wrote it down otherwise you will have to access the router directly and reset the password.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I took a photo of my router and I also saved the password in 1Password. With Verizon FiOS's app I can see my network information including password.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I took a photo of my router and I also saved the password in 1Password. With Verizon FiOS's app I can see my network information including password.

i too always take a photo of my router just to have and i keep a note of the password as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2