How do I get a SIM card for the 5S and activate it w/out having to go through Verizon?

I

iMore Question

So, I have currently the iPhone 4 (with Verizon) back then when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 they did require a SIM card. The whole SIM card stuff started as of the iPhone 4s. Clearly, I do not have a SIM card on my 4. Now my question is: if I want to change from the iPhone 4 to the 5s without having to sign the 2 year commitment with Verizon and I decide to buy the 5s from ebay how do I go about getting a SIM card for the 5s and how do I activate it without having to go through Verizon.

See, my issue is that I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan with Verizon, which no longer exist. Now they are charging for the gb usage which is something I don't have to worry about with the unlimited data plan that I have but no longer exist. If I go in and upgrade I will have to sign not only a 2 year commitment with them, but also be forced to loose my unlimited plan that I've had for over 12 years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to go through Verizon either in person, by phone or via their website to activate the device from what I gather from reading your post, but I'm not 100% certain.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods