Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default After creating a voice memo, the sound is very low. How do I increase it?

Ater recoding the sound play back volume is very quiet

Default re: After creating a voice memo, the sound is very low. How do I increase it?

Is your device in a case? If so, is anything covering the mic? Have you tried recording your voice memo via the mic associated with Apple supplied EarBuds/EarPods and then see if the playback volume increases?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: After creating a voice memo, the sound is very low. How do I increase it?

Check loudspeaker icon in the top right corner of the Voice Memos app. It should be blue color. If it's white, it plays back everything at a very low level. Probably a precaution to not disturb other people by accidentally pressing Play button after recording.
    iMore Genius

Default Re: After creating a voice memo, the sound is very low. How do I increase it?

Also, if you haven't take a look at this app, you should. I love it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/voic...mUvbUpU2519967
    iMore Nanite

Thank you Bigeric23. You helped me to send my love of my life, , my husband our song. Thank you again!
    iMore Nanite

Re white icon top right which is reducing sound - how do we get the white icon back to blue again!
    iMore Nanite

We're is this mic icon on iphone7 that shows my volume is turned down. As I can't hear my text voicemail to check before I send out to a contact