After creating a voice memo, the sound is very low. How do I increase it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is your device in a case? If so, is anything covering the mic? Have you tried recording your voice memo via the mic associated with Apple supplied EarBuds/EarPods and then see if the playback volume increases?

Guntis

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Check loudspeaker icon in the top right corner of the Voice Memos app. It should be blue color. If it's white, it plays back everything at a very low level. Probably a precaution to not disturb other people by accidentally pressing Play button after recording.

chiniYaMaji

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Check loudspeaker icon in the top right corner of the Voice Memos app. It should be blue color. If it's white, it plays back everything at a very low level. Probably a precaution to not disturb other people by accidentally pressing Play button after recording.

Thanks a lot, sir, for the helpful hint.

Nemo Art

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, Guntis. This was driving me crazy but your solution was so simple.

Why doesn't Apple provide documentation?! It would help avoid these piddling little issues.

wborys

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem, even with the BLUE icon. I toggled it to WHITE, then back to BLUE, and my recordings had a louder volume. Go figure...:confused:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When the icon is white it means it’s trying to play through something other than the phone. So why it plays even at a low volume confuses me. But yes, when the icon is blue it will be playing through the speakers on the phone. To change it you just tap on the icon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73