How often should you charge your battery?

I

iMore Question

how often do you charge your battery

Do you charge your phone every day and keep it toped up or let it run down very low before charging?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: how often do you charge your battery

I let mine run down low before charging. Around 20% or so.

On my iPhone 5S, I can go two days between charges and on my iPhone 6, I can go three days between charges. I am not a heavy user.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I let mine run down to about 10% or lower then charge. I have a portable battery pack so if I'm out & about, I'll still be able to charge. My battery usually lasts about a day & a half.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I charge my 6+ every night. It doesn't make any sense to let the battery going completely down and wait until I charge it again. I don't know what will happen the next day, so it's good to have the phone fully charged instead of taking a charger and a cable with me.

Maybe a spontaneous trip somewhere with friends and you need some maps, take a lot of pictures and videos, need a flashlight etc. So just charge it and you don't have to think about battery problems

I'm using an iPhone 6+, which has a really amazing battery, still I want to be one the safe side

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
how often do you charge your battery

I charge as needed.
I generally plug in at night. But if I've been on longer than normal I plug in at work before I leave for the train.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I usually let my battery run down to the point of being depleted and then charge it overnight. A few of those nights, I'll charge it with the device powered off.

Warrior_Bard

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I have an iphone 4S. I let it run down to about 10% if I am home. I always charge it overnight, but sometimes it needs charged in the afternoon as well. :smile: I'm a heavy user so I even have to carry around a backup battery pack.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I have an iphone 4S. I let it run down to about 10% if I am home. I always charge it overnight, but sometimes it needs charged in the afternoon as well. :smile: I'm a heavy user so I even have to carry around a backup battery pack.

Haha I also had an iPhone 4s and was in the same situation, a power user and always needed to charge and to take a battery pack with me

That's why I got an iPhone 6+, so I don't have to worry about battery anymore :)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I always let mine die completely before plugging in, and then I let it completely charge.

I read an article last week about Li-On batteries being "topped off" whenever possible and not letting discharge below 50%.

I have mixed feelings though.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

I charge my nightly regardless of what it is showing.
I run to down to about 5% about once a month.
Good Luck

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

I usually let my battery run down to the point of being depleted and then charge it overnight. A few of those nights, I'll charge it with the device powered off.

You power your phone... OFF??? :eek:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I charge mine every night, same as many here. I am not a heavy user because I fear my phone will die before the days through if I were to become one. Hopefully the 6 Plus can help me there. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73