Is there an easy way to delete multiple contacts?

I

iMore Question

Is there an easy way to delete multiple contacts

I have 1400 cotacts and a lot of them is saved on my phone my wifes phone and daughters phone all connected through I cloud and wi fi

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there an easy way to delete multiple contacts

I am *assuming* you all are sharing an iCloud ID. Anyway, there are third-party apps that claim to remove duplicate contact entries, but I've never used any of them. If you have more than one email account configured on your device(s), disable sync of the associated contacts on all accounts except your primary account. That alone will remove duplicates, especially if the email account contain the same contact listing.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there an easy way to delete multiple contacts

1. If you and your family are sharing the iCloud account then I would recommend doing something like this: Go to icloud.com and then contacts. Create a group for each of you and then move the contacts accordingly. When you create a new contact on the iPhone you will still have to manually go and change the groups. The best part is that the same contact can be in multiple groups

2. If you start deleting the contacts and the iCloud account is shared all the devices synced with the iCloud will loose the contact

3. You can select multiple contacts and delete them through the iCloud account (icloud.com). You can also select multiple contacts to move between groups

Hope this helps...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh