How can I get my iPad out of recovery mode?

supernkown

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
ipad stuck in recovery mode and not recognized error

could someone please help me. my ipad is stuck in recovery mode and is not recognized by itunes. I has been like this for hours. I have tried a hard reboot and that does not work. could some please assist.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ipad stuck in recovery mode and not recognized error

Hopefully, you've made a recent backup. If not, the instructions that I am about to recommend will cause you to lose EVERYTHING on the device, but it should get the device up and running again, and that, *I believe*, is the primary objective.

1. Press and hold both the Power and Home buttons until the iPad powers off.
2. Put the iPad in DFU mode. Instruction can be found via the following link: DFU Mode - The iPhone Wiki
3. Connect your iPad to your computer via USB and initiate the computer's iTunes app.
4. Make sure you have the latest iTunes version and make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
5. When iTunes detects your iPad in "recovery", choose to restore and update it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't know how to back up on mac. I used use pc not that verse in mac.

The instructions I posted will work on either. If you're concerned that you might mess something up, you can always make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.

supernkown

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

secondly i have a old macbook pro 4.1 and do not know how to delete itunes it wont' update to the latest

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

secondly i have a old macbook pro 4.1 and do not know how to delete itunes it wont' update to the latest
You are going to need iTunes to get your iPad working properly again. If you don't have any means of getting to a computer with a newer iTunes version, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them fix the issue for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2