After upgrading to iOS 8, I'm getting my wife's text messages and vice versa. How can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

My wife and I both have the iphone 5. We shared the same Apple ID for the App Store. I downloaded the new OS on the weekend before her and now I get copies of her text messages and she gets copies of mine. I setup another Apple ID for me, but the texts continue to be duplicated. How do I get rid of this sharing??? Frustrated in Toronto.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Go to Settings - Messages and then disable iMessage. Wait a few seconds, and then reenable it. Underneath, it will state: "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" in Blue letters. Select it quickly. Afterwards, sign it with YOUR Apple ID - not the one that the both of you share for iTunes & App Store purchases. While you're at it, do the same for FaceTime....:)...In fact, go through ALL of the settings and accounts to make sure they are as they should be.

kayaksnow

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re:

on all devices using the same apple ID
Settings > messages > Send & Recieve. you will see a list of potential contacts that can be used for messaging. Select the ones you want to get the message on said device... Rinse and repeat. IIRC you have to do this on every major update or device add.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox