Why is it that Itunes could not resotre the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Itunes could not resotre the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone

Hello,

Very confused on an error message from iTunes:
"Itunes could not resotre the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone that is being restored".

I have an iPhone5 trying to setup iPhone6. In iTunes I did the manual "back up now" to my local computer and using the instructions below I'm stuck.

How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus | iMore

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Itunes could not resotre the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iP

Delete the backup from your computer and do a fresh backup. Also check to see if you don't have an old backup in there from a previous device

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Itunes could not resotre the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iP

If the backup file is "corrupt" then create a new one with your iPhone 5 and then attempt to restore it to your new iPhone 6. If you have an iCloud account, do an iCloud backup and then set up your iPhone 6 with the iCloud backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2