Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Question Facetime block in Saudi Arabia. How would I enable it in a country where it is not blocked?

HI,
    I recently purchased iPad mini Retina (Wifi). There is no Facetime included in the Pre-installed Apple apps because Facetime is blocked in Saudi Arabia. If i moved to another country, (Where Facetime is not blocked) how would i enable Facetime on my device as its not a stand alone app?

Thanks
  2. Best Answer

Hi and welcome to iMore. I think the region locking of certain apps is based on the country in which the AppleID was registered.

iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

Default re: Facetime block in Saudi Arabia. How would I enable it in a country where it is not blocked?

Hi and welcome to iMore. I think the region locking of certain apps is based on the country in which the AppleID was registered.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Facetime block in Saudi Arabia. How would I enable it in a country where it is not blocked?

Sorry if i grab this opportunity to ask a question on this thread, sir, I am on a big worry i am planning to purchase iPhone 6 Plus here in Riyadh, KSA... what if my account or existed apple ID registered in other country like Singapore wherein Facetime works well, put it on the new device i purchase here in KSA, are there any chances that Facetime will work here..... though, all i knew the item sold in this region is incapable of Facetime activation... your answer is a big help... by the way i am newbie here, and once again, sorry for using this thread... thank you!
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Facetime block in Saudi Arabia. How would I enable it in a country where it is not blocked?

not true, i bought my iphone 6 in Saudi Arabia and im from Venezuela and my Apple Id was registered in Venezuela, and i dont have facetime so i think Apple never made facetime an option for Arab iphones

Phones sold in those countries do not have Facetime built on to the phones. It's not in Settings.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    HI,
    I recently purchased iPad mini Retina (Wifi). There is no Facetime included in the Pre-installed Apple apps because Facetime is blocked in Saudi Arabia. If i moved to another country, (Where Facetime is not blocked) how would i enable Facetime on my device as its not a stand alone app?

Thanks
    Same problem
    iMore Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post
    That...and where a device is sold and first activated.
    iMore Nanite

HI,
    I recently purchased iphone 7. There is no Facetime included in the Pre-installed Apple apps because Facetime is blocked in Saudi Arabia. If i moved to another country, (Where Facetime is not blocked) how would i enable Facetime on my device as its not a stand alone app?

Thanks
    iMore Nanite

The Iphone you purchased made for this region where by default FaceTime omitted.I am sure model number of your iPhone ends with AE/A which has no face time. I regret to say that You wouldn't be able to get FaceTime in the country where Face Time is permitted, You have left with two options, one you live with no face time or secondly trade in your Iphone to face time enabled Iphone.
    Model number of Iphone ends with AE/A or AE/E has no Face Time. Check before you buy if you are really interested in FT.