Why does my iPad Mini keep getting stuck at transferring purchases after updating to iOS8?
I updated my iPad Mini to iO8 when the update first came out. It seemed to update with no problem. However, now when I try to sync the device with my computer using a USB connection, it muddles through the sync until it gets to step 8 of 8 -- Transferring purchases from this iPad to the hard drive. It goes through one or two purchases, then gets stuck and does not move for hours. When I check Force Quit, it does not show that iTunes is not responding. I have tried restarting both the iPad and the laptop, to no avail. Also, the names that it gives for the apps that it is transferring are different each attempt, as it the number of the app that it gets stuck on. They are apps that I may have purchased long ago, but are not currently on my iPad, so I don't see how or why they would need to be transferred to my laptop.
Any help is appreciated.
- 09-25-2014, 05:22 PM #2
Re: Why does my iPad Mini keep getting stuck at transferring purchases after updating to iOS8?
Try the following:
1. Delete, rename or move your last backup(s) into a folder outside of the iTunes backup section of your computer.
2. Afterwards, try to create an iTunes backup and if prompted to backup your apps, do so.
3. If the above doesn't work, you may have to restore and set up as new. I had the same problem briefly when I initially installed iOS 8 GM. A clean install took care of the problem...
- 06-04-2015, 02:54 AM #3
- By IUCJustin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-04-2016, 11:50 PM
- By pgrtag in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2014, 10:00 PM
- By Hiri89 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 39Last Post: 09-25-2014, 09:03 PM
- By guy999 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2014, 04:59 PM
- By Nina Nowakowska in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2014, 04:57 PM