Is it possible to have PhotoStream from 2 icloud accounts to 1 Mac?

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I each have an iphone and our own icloud accounts. We use a MacBook at home and I have my icloud account setup on the mac.

Is it possible to also have my wife's icloud account on the Mac so her photos from her iphone will sync over?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You could create a 2nd account on your mac for her, and enter her iCloud credentials on that account.
The only thing you'll have to do is move your iPhoto library to a location that both accounts can access it (in a shared folder). There are instructions here (iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users) for doing it with an external drive, but the steps should be the same for just moving it to a shared folder.

Then basically when you log into your account on the mac, your photo stream would be transferred to the shared iPhoto library. The same would happen when your wife logs into her account.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
You could create a 2nd account on your mac for her, and enter her iCloud credentials on that account.
The only thing you'll have to do is move your iPhoto library to a location that both accounts can access it (in a shared folder). There are instructions here (iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users) for doing it with an external drive, but the steps should be the same for just moving it to a shared folder.

Then basically when you log into your account on the mac, your photo stream would be transferred to the shared iPhoto library. The same would happen when your wife logs into her account.

I setup an account for her on the mac, and her calendars, mail, and notes all came over perfectly; however, her photos are not showing up in iPhoto. I have made sure photo stream is activated on her phone and on the mac. I also made sure her account has full permissions enabled for iPhoto on the mac.

Any suggestions from here?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you moved the iPhoto library? I know changing permissions seems like it would be enough, but it may not.

Otherwise, I'm stumped. That's exactly how I have it set up and it works perfectly. Her photo stream will only download when she's logged into the mac though, so maybe leave the computer on with her logged in for a while and see if they photos start downloading.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you moved the iPhoto library? I know changing permissions seems like it would be enough, but it may not.

Otherwise, I'm stumped. That's exactly how I have it set up and it works perfectly. Her photo stream will only download when she's logged into the mac though, so maybe leave the computer on with her logged in for a while and see if they photos start downloading.

Ahh - I bet that is my problem.

I will give this a try. Thanks Mike for your help - I greatly appreciate it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73