What are the differences between Photos, Shared & Albums?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand what these are?

tavu8eqa.jpg

When I click on a picture it takes me to collections? Whatever that is?

enyveba3.jpg

Then I click on Shared and it lists Activity New, New Shared Stream? Installed some iCloud program on my PC but not she how to use it or even the need for it?

yqu7ypat.jpg

The Albums has Camera Roll, Photo Stream and Videos. Videos is obvious. But then I see videos in the Shared section that aren't in videos under Albums? All this is so confusing. I've always used Android. I just want a place for videos and photos, now there's all these locations and I don't know where anything is at. I want to sort everything so if someone could give me a 101 on this camera confusion Id appreciate or point me to a tutorial explaining what I'm looking at.

Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello! They did away with the Camera Roll. When you open the Photos app, tap Photos at the bottom. This takes you to years, collections, Moments. If your on Collections, tap the photos, and they come up on Moments. All your photos and videos are there, organized by dated times. There is no more camera roll where all your photos are a grouped together. If you want a camera roll, create an album and title it "Camera Roll", then put all your photos there. But you have to add a new photos as they come. I created several category albums. That works for me. Or just use Moments. They're all there. Just organized by date. I don't know about the the photo stream. They are there too. You just don't see them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tap the photos in years. Then tap the photos in collections. This brings you to Moments. All your photos are there. You can add them to the camera roll if they are not there. In iOS 8, they did away with Camera Roll. Are you on iOS 7? If so, just tap albums at the bottom. Then tap camera roll for your photos.,

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello! They did away with the Camera Roll.

I'm on a jailbroke 5s, thus I'm stuck on iOS7 for now, maybe that's why I still have Camera Roll? Because I def see it. Oh and I appreciate the posts, I'm just kind of looking for a tutorial on the camera/photos on iOS7, what each section is used for and so on. Maybe it's late but I'm not really understanding what your post are trying to explain.

Example: Camera Roll says 476 photos, My Photo Stream says 772, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh