Verizon FIOS and slow Apple downloads
I've been searching the Internet for a possible solution or explanation to the extremely slow download speeds for iOS 8 and the AppleTV update. Actually, it wasn't as long, but the 10.9.5 update too. Seems to be an issue with FIOS customers but is it on Apple's end or FIOS?
Anyone with FIOS had success downloading at a normal speed?
- 09-21-2014, 06:41 PM #2
Re: Verizon FIOS and slow Apple downloads
I got slow download speeds for the iOS updates via iTunes. At first it was reporting 19 hours song just repeatedly stopped the download and restarted it and eventually got the download in less than ten minutes. I don't know if it's Apple or FIOS though. I did read reports that Apple was primarily, but not exclusively, using their own CDN for the iOS updates rather than a service like Akamai. Makes me wonder if the interconnect between Apple's CDN and FIOS wasn't very good. But just speculation.
- 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM #4
- By rja1966 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 11Last Post: 03-15-2016, 05:40 PM
- By jphillips1963 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
- By KingBuick in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 6Last Post: 09-21-2014, 09:35 PM
- By Angela in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2014, 08:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2014, 02:49 PM