Why is my iTunes Match playlist folder structure Wrong On New iPhone?

AliasWyvernspur

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
iTunes Match Playlist Folder Structure Wrong On New iPhone

I posted this on the Apple forums, but I figure I'll ask here as well:

So I recently received the iPhone 6, and set up my account. I subscribe to iTunes Match and have my playlists structured within folders (Live playlists, Movie Soundtracks playlists, etc).

On my MBA, it shows correctly. On my old iPhone, it showed correctly. On my iPad it shows correctly. On my iPhone 6, however, it's completely screwed up. Some playlists are top level, nested folders are top level, some folders have the correct playlists, some folders are now duplicated. I tried a few things:

I turned iTunes Match off and on in the phone.
I did a restore on the phone.
I set up the phone again as a brand new phone, and turned Match on again.
I deleted folders and playlists on my Mac.
I recreated folders on my Mac.

Nothing has worked. I contacted Apple Support via chat, and the tech and I tried some things but nothing worked. I'm getting a call from Support this evening.

So I put this out there, has anyone ever seen this before? Thanks.

Some additional info: I did upgrade my old phone and iPad to iOS 8. Both still worked fine (I wiped the old phone however, I'm selling it soon).

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
re:

I have not seen this so far, my phone will be here today so I will chime in later and see if I have any of these problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Wow! I don't know what to tell you, and I'm interested to hear the response from "Support". Update us when you can. In the meantime, I hope someone who experienced a similar situation can chime in with a solution. Enjoy your day...:)

AliasWyvernspur

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

I stumped Apple support so far. I'm getting a call from iTunes support Wednesday evening.

During the procedure, we turned iTunes Match off and back on on the iPad, Mac and iPhone. Now, the iPad has the issue. I re-setup my old iPhone with iTunes Match, and that has the problem as well. Doesn't appear to be an iPhone 6 specific issue, but an iOS 8 issue. I'll reply when I hear from iTunes support Wednesday night.

Thanks for the replies!

AliasWyvernspur

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

So far, still no luck. I think he thinks it's something to do with iOS8. But since it's just released, techs are busy. The tech said he'd call me this week just to keep me posted of any news. He did mention, however, that if other people are having the same issue they should contact Applecare. He said the more people who contact Applecare about this problem, the more likely it'll escalate and get resolved quicker.

anon(9186684)

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Also my songs won't download to my iPhone. It stops downloading after a few songs and all remaining songs keep spinning forever.

The solution to your problem is to move your playlists out of their folders on your Mac, wait a few minutes and move them back into the folder they came from. Your iPhone will update and all is well again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen