Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Retrieve voicemails from iCloud backup??

I bought the iphone 6 this weekend and when I went to setup it up from my icloud backup (had an iphone 4s previously) I only got voicemail messages from about 3 weeks back. I had two voicemails from my mom who passed away in May and am devastated about them no longer being there. I did not have a recent itunes backup but I did have icloud backup. If it matters, our carrier is AT&T. I'm desperate to get those back if anyone has any advice.

Default Re: Retrieve voicemails from iCloud backup??

First i am very sorry for your troubles- I truly understand how you feel. I assume you no longer have the 4s? I would call AT&T- They may be able to help with the retrieval.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Thanks...I no longer have the 4s...we traded it in for the new phones. I tried calling AT&T and they said they were closed until tomorrow. I will try then. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Good luck. I hope it works out
    bcrnes likes this.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

I really hope you get them back. I also have AT&T and I just went to check my voicemails for the first time since I got the new phone. I don't seem to have visual voicemail at all at the moment. I go to the voicemail tab and it actually dials the number to get voicemail the old way.
    Anyway, while I was listening to the recording, it mentioned that there was a way to recover deleted messages. So hopefully they will be able to help you tomorrow when you call.
    bcrnes likes this.