Turn off Vibrate, Swiftkey & Gmail Contact Groups

mattxx98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I decided to give the iPhone 6 a shot and I seem to be running into the most basic issues.

1. Turning off vibrate alerts. - I have noticed on multiple applications that I am unable to turn off just the Vibrate option. I don't mind a low key sound but the fact that nearly every messaging app I have on this phone vibrates non-stop is extremely annoying. The main apps I have noticed this to be an issue in are Hangouts, Groupme and Whatsapp. There are a few more but I rather figure these out first. In Whatsapp there is toggle to turn off Vibrate but it doesn't work as all incoming messages vibrate.

2. Swiftkey is insanely watered down compared to Android. Where are the long press keys? Resizing of the keyboard? It is faster than the regular iOS keyboard but it's so inconsistent in nearly every application. I notice that the keyboard changes when I go to type a password in an application. I also don't know which keyboard is going to show up when I launch an application. I have to hit the Globe icon on the bottom left to toggle between the keyboards. It seems like Apple hasn't given third party keyboards the freedom they truly deserve. Is there a way to get Swiftkey to be more like the real Swiftkey on Android rather than this watered down version?

3. I have various groups in my Gmail such as Family, Coworkers, Basketball, Football. When all my contacts were imported to my device I noticed there are no groups any longer. Is there a way to create groups in contacts?

Appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Go to Settings - Sounds and disable "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent"

2. I agree, but my guess is that Apple has placed certain restrictions on developers of 3rd party keyboards to be used on iOS devices.

3. You will probably need to use a 3rd party app to do it if the groups were not synced when you configured gmail on your device and enable the sync button next to "Contacts".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2