Youtube no sound in facebook app after ios8 upgrade

U

Unregistered

I fid an ios 8 upgrade on my 5s iphone and now youtube dies not have sound when opened in facebook app. I tried restarting, checkibg if sound is mute.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that both may need updating to work properly with iOS 8? I don't use Facebook or its app so I don't know if it dies or not.

dittyk84

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with the new iPhone 6 which everything is updated on. I try to play any video within the Facebook app and there is no sound. Volume is at max and sound works everywhere else. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem with the new iPhone 6 which everything is updated on. I try to play any video within the Facebook app and there is no sound. Volume is at max and sound works everywhere else. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

If vibrate is on it won't work having same issue on 5s I have to flip vib off then fast forward or rewind video to get sound to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punimitsu

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thx! That worked for me! Has been frustrating me for ages!
Weirdly, same link played with sound via safari... But not through fb while the ringer mute switch was on... Must be a problem with the fb app....
Thanks again!!!

Ashley Nicole7

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6. It worked fine for a while then I've been having random issues with it. First problem I had was Instagram volume like I would try to play a video someone uploaded on Instagram and it worked fine for a few seconds and would stop. So I decided to refresh the page and try the video again. The screen turned blue and then reset my phone. That problem doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. Now it's the same thing with Facebook the volume will work fine while playing a video from a show preview for an upcoming episode then the sound drops for a couple seconds then it plays normally. I reset my phone and no help. I haven't dropped or spilled anything on my phone and I only got it back in December. What's going on?

Laurence Walker

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've just fixed this problem on my GFs iPhone by simply turn her phone off silent mode! Simply flicking the little switch, positioned on the top left side of your phone, forward. 😊 "Simples"

Laurence Walker

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've just fixed this problem on my GFs iPhone by simply turn her phone off silent mode. Simply flick the switch, located on the top left side of your phone, forward. 😊 "Simples"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen