How many apple USB chargers have you changed within a year?

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok! Let me me generalise it. I mean not only the 5/5S/6/6p. How many battery chargers have u changed so far. I hate it when I see these apple USB chargers tearing off n all that. Do you think they need to do something about it? It's like we care more about the phone rather than the chargers lol. But most of the chargers don't really last longer

iPhone 5S Gold ( iOS 7.1.2 )

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok! Let me me generalise it. I mean not only the 5/5S/6/6p. How many battery chargers have u changed so far. I hate it when I see these apple USB chargers tearing off n all that. Do you think they need to do something about it? It's like we care more about the phone rather than the chargers lol. But most of the chargers don't really last longer

I have a drawer full of the iPhone chargers (little cubes), and several of the iPad 10/12 watt chargers. I don’t think I’ve ever had one go bad. I’ve managed to destroy a few charging cables over the years, but not the chargers themselves.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had one lighting go defective got it replaced recently I had one fall apart right at the lighting plug the rubber coating came off and eventually stopped working but not bad for a full year .. I have plenty anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I try to be very careful with them, but stuff happens. I have several dozen around here that are still in good shape.

Yeah I'm extra careful with thus new one as well. I think I just don't know how to handle these cables. From iPod's to iPhone's cables fall apart so fast.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm extra careful with thus new one as well. I think I just don't know how to handle these cables. From iPod's to iPhone's cables fall apart so fast.

It’s like I tell the kids, and it’s true of any electronic or electric cables and cords. Never pull on the cord. Grab it buy the molded plug and unplug it. Pulling on the actual cord does stress the components and can lead to damage and failure.

I tell ’em to unplug it the same way you plug it in. (You can't hold the cord 6" from the end and still be able to plug it in. You should not unplug it by holding it 6" from the end, either!)

Also, if your device is still under warranty (original factory warranty OR AC+), the cables, charger blocks and headphones are also covered.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed when I exchanged a bad one last year that they replaced the silicone jacket with a stiffer material. Hopefully these new ones will last longer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods