Why isn't my iPhone 6 not working in handsfree via bluetooth in honda accord 2011?

I

iMore Question

Just got my iPhone 6 yesterday and all is well, except it won't work in my car when connected via bluetooth. It pairs fine just like my 5S used to....and even says 'connected' on my phone...but when a call comes or i try to make a call...no sound comes out of the car speakers. i heavily relied on this feature on my 5S...so pretty bummed. anyone else have this issue? or know how to fix it?

Arka

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem as well. Not with the car, but with my Garmin GPS which is my handsfree device for my car. It has worked with all mt BBs and my 5s with iOS 7 & 7.1

okanagan.mike

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6 says it has paired with my 2014 VW Touareg, but the car's display says "No Network" instead of my carrier's name. It will make calls but the car can't hang up the call, just the phone can. I've deleted all BT profiles several times in the car and reset the phone and deleted all paired devices to no avail. The weird thing is that it did work just fine the first day I tried it, but today on day two it is wonky. I need this to work!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It worked perfectly on my 2010 Mazda MX-5. In fact, I just set it up this evening - paired it, made a test call and received a test call.

Since the phone is new, you may need to check for firmware updates on your audio system.

sharr104

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Seems like is is iPhone issue and not our cars, unlike what Apple tried to tell me yesterday in Solihull. I had a iPhone 4s worked fine even with iOS 8 in both my Audi A8 and Chrysler Grand Voyager. Since having iPhone 6 I am having exactly the same issues you have experienced in both vehicles. No good when you do 60,000 miles a year and rely on this facility so much. Come on Apple, own up and fix it please.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted Apple? You've got 90 days phone support.

By the way it paired perfectly with my 2014 Honda CR-V.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

UConnRules

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
By the way, my new iPhone 6 did NOT pair with my 2014 Honda CR-V, and all my other models 4, 4S, 5 paired fine. I will call Apple if I have to, but probably on day 89 and hope I hear something in meantime. I have better things to do with my time than call Apple, only as a last resort. Thanks!

okanagan.mike

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I read on another site where folks had success by removing paired phones from their car, removing the car pairing from their iPhone, and then going into settings on the phone and Resetting All Settings. I had previously tried Reset Network Settings with no joy, but Resetting All worked for me. The minor annoyance of having to retweak a few settings is more than offset by having handsfree work again. For what it's worth, I had set up my iPhone 6 by restoring from a backup, not as new. Not sure if that figures in to it, but thought I would mention it just in case.

hedypak

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with Honda CR-V
It happened after I upgraded to IOS 8 on iPhone 5 and continues with new iPhone 6. So it's ios 8 problem, not model of phone.
Spoke to Apple care today, they not aware of that issue. None of their advices worked.
The more people call Apple the faster their software engineers will fix the problem.

hedypak

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
To resolve the issue with handsfree car phone connection with IOS 8 the following must be done:
1. Delete the phone from handsfree memory in the Bluetooth car settings.
2. "Forget" the handsfree device (car) in the iPhone Bluetooth settings.
3. Reset ALL settings in iPhone (not just network settings)!!
It works.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with Honda CR-V
It happened after I upgraded to IOS 8 on iPhone 5 and continues with new iPhone 6. So it's ios 8 problem, not model of phone.
Spoke to Apple care today, they not aware of that issue. None of their advices worked.
The more people call Apple the faster their software engineers will fix the problem.

OR, it could be an issue with the car audio system not being compatible. Check with the manufacturer for a firmware update.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Good to know because I have the same vehicle and plan on getting the 6 :D

Yup. No problem with mine at all.

I deleted the prior iPhone, put this one in, and didn't have to touch my work Note or my Lumia.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

morosenbaum

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem but read where if I deleted all of the other phone entries on my phone so that it completely reset and thought that no phone had never been connected and took me through the phone set up as though it was the first time. After I did that my iPhone 6+ connected to my Accord Coupe 2012 with no problems. I hope this helps.

dogzville

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't connect my iPhone 6 to my ford system or my husbands Toyota. I had no issues with the 5s even with the iOS 8. Can anyone help?

romeo0569

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same "no audio" issue...here is what I found;

So usually I make a call and if I'm listening to the radio it automatically picks up the phone and I could make or receive a call. It will interrupt whatever I'm listening to. But not with the 6 plus. What i did find though is that if I select Bluetooth audio on my car unit, AND THEN make my call, it works fine. But the car still doesn't show the phone icon indicating that I'm in my call. Weird. A software update to the iPhone should do it. My cars unit is up to date so it has to be an iPhone issue. Very inconvenient. I drive a 2012 VW Jetta.

Ann Koehler

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5S and it worked perfectly until I updated to iOS8. Now, the Handsfreelink won't connect automatically and when I manually connect it, the car dials the last phone call I made. The phone isn't making the call, but the Handsfreelink is and I'm unable to hang up the call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711