Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Passcode for The Dreaded Upgrade

The thing most normal computer etc. users most hate and dread is happening for my I-pad 2 (I think it's called IOSsonething) - the UPGRADE. To install this I am asked my Passcode. I do not know it, never remember having had one. It must be different from the one for I-tunes as that does not work. I have seen some instructions on the web which were useless.
    There is no 'forgotten your Passcode?' button. How do I find mine which I need?

(On the subject of 'forgotten your Passcode?' I have been on and started some threads at this Forum but forgotten the Passcode for that too. But this forum does have the option for getting it back. I have tried several times using both my username and my e-mail. It said it would send me an e-mail, but I have not received any, either in my inbox or in junk box.)

Default Passcode for The Dreaded Upgrade

Based on your very limited information, I can only assume that you upgraded to iOS 8 without first disabling the Find My iPhone feature. If so, then after the installation is complete, you will be prompted to enter the passcode for the iCloud account that is associated with the device. An email address will display with numerous characters associated with the email account masked for security purposes, but it displays enough for you to identify the account if it is indeed yours. If you do not know it, then you or anyone else will be able to use that device. To be quite blunt, there are some things that just need to remembered.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-20-2014 at 01:12 PM.