Ipad OS wiped by update, cant turn on

I

iMore Question

I attempted to update my ipad yesterday via USB connection to my computer. About 3/4 of the way through the installation an error popped up that it could not complete the update, and gave me a hex numbered error value (which I failed to write down, thinking I could just try to update it one more time first). I then noticed that itunes no longer had visibility on the device, and the only thing I can get on the ipad screen is the connect to itunes picture. I have tried rebooting my computer and ipad a number of times, to no avail, I have even tried to put it into recovery mode. The result each time is the same: the screen will only display the apple logo, then connect to itunes, and itunes never sees the device. My computer recognizes that the device is being connected and disconnected, so I know the cord is fine (It was also working fine just prior to the update attempt) but the device is not viewable in windows explorer. I think it may be stuck between operating systems, having had the old one wiped, and the new one not quite installed. Is there any hope of fixing it without taking to the Apple store?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I attempted to update my ipad yesterday via USB connection to my computer. About 3/4 of the way through the installation an error popped up that it could not complete the update, and gave me a hex numbered error value (which I failed to write down, thinking I could just try to update it one more time first). I then noticed that itunes no longer had visibility on the device, and the only thing I can get on the ipad screen is the connect to itunes picture. I have tried rebooting my computer and ipad a number of times, to no avail, I have even tried to put it into recovery mode. The result each time is the same: the screen will only display the apple logo, then connect to itunes, and itunes never sees the device. My computer recognizes that the device is being connected and disconnected, so I know the cord is fine (It was also working fine just prior to the update attempt) but the device is not viewable in windows explorer. I think it may be stuck between operating systems, having had the old one wiped, and the new one not quite installed. Is there any hope of fixing it without taking to the Apple store?

Try updating iTunes. This usually happens when it's not updated to the current version. Once you do that, you should be able to connect your device & restore it. Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods