- 09-19-2014, 08:04 PM #2
Can you not contact the purchaser and have him or her login to their iCloud account and wipe the phone via the online Find my iPhone feature? That is all that it will take. Having said that, if you can't get a hold of the person you bought it from or if it was not their device in the first place, you are indeed screwed, unfortunately.
- 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM #3
Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.
I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief. So there it is. If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.
- By decypher44 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 09-19-2014, 11:26 AM
- By RavenSword in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 22Last Post: 09-16-2014, 02:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 01:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 03-30-2014, 10:07 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 05:10 PM