Anybody else lost all their previously saved keyboard shortcuts since updating?

Alsy27

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yes. I lost mine too. Called Apple support today, they were no help.

Found the shortcuts on my Mac.

DL Yosemite Beta tonight to attempt to sync to iCloud. No such luck.

nejad

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

Keyboard shortcuts are available on my iPhone 5 but not on iPhone 6 - very annoying. If they can't fix it they can have it back.
I understand that keyboard shortcuts are linked via iCloud and iCloud drive does not work with Maverick.
I am getting tired of Apple's new found haphazard attitude. I guess what can we expect if they can't get their own keynote speech right

Matty72

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi,

Anybody else lost all their previously saved keyboard shortcuts since updating?

Posted via iMore App

Yes I lost mine both off my iPhone and iPad. Keyboard shortcut syncing is notoriously and hopelessly unreliable. I and many others have brought it up with Apple but here we are with another new iOS and nothing's changed. I got my keyboard shortcuts back eventually by going into iCloud on my device and switching "Documents & Data" off and on again. This didn't work first go. I did it many times before it resynced but I do have them back now.

dolupduk

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

mine come and go on the iPhone 5, have remained on iPad 2,,,after I power down, wait 5 minutes they come back,,,4 hours later gone,,,so I've tried keeping them in cloud. Still working on iMac.

carcustomizer

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
re:

I still have mine on OS X Mavericks but my iPhone 6 and iPad 4 lost them :(

will probably have to manually enter them all over again until a solution is found?

kevinleosmith

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Disappeared on both my iPhone 5S and iPad Air but reappeared without me knowingly doing anything on the iPhone but now on the iPad after turning off the Documents and Data and then turning it on again all reappeared instantly. I do have 3 iTunes accounts so suspect that this may be something to do with it as I only sync on iCloud using one of these accounts and generally don't have my iPad on this account due to magazine subscriptions that automatically renew on another iTunes account.

skyf1re

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
re:

I lost *all* of mine when upgrading to iOS8 on my iPhone5. And I had loads which was a pain to re-enter then manually. But managed to recover everything.
What I did is close off all open apps, off/on my iPhone and turned it back on. Wait till iCloud automatically syncs. It should it there after a while. Otherwise sign off iCloud and iTunes and relogin again. This should do the trick.

BlackCatII

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
YES. This does work:
"Disappeared on both my iPhone 5S and iPad Air but reappeared without me knowingly doing anything on the iPhone but now on the iPad after turning off the Documents and Data and then turning it on again all reappeared instantly."
HOWEVER, Documents and Data are no where to be found in iOS 8.1! With iOS 8 on the iPhone 5S, if I turned off Passbook syncing in iCloud & then turned it back on, Documents and Data would show up, but that no longer happens with iOS 8.1. Since the iPad doesn't have Passbook, that didn't work, but Documents and Data randomly showed up on the iPad in iOS 8 & that would correct the missing Shortcuts. With iOS 8.1 I cannot find any way to get to Documents and Data on the iPad or the iPhone. It does not show up no matter what I do. THIS IS SUCH A PAIN! I'm ready to go to the Apple Store to play Stump the Geniuses.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
With Predictive Keyboards, you don't need shortcuts as much. Once the keyboard learns your stuff, it will suggest it as you start to type it. I can enter my email address by typing the first 3 letters of the address. The entire email address will show in the center word spot.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I typed 3 letters of my email address using SwiftKey. The entire email address showed in the center word spot. I pixelated some of it. :D So shortcuts are not that needed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414036571.038720.jpg

Yuzhy01

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem! I bought the new iPad Air 2 but none of my keyboard shortcuts from my other devices were syncing to it. Here is how I fixed it:

1. Go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store on all your devices you want synced
2. Check your Apple ID is the same
3. Make sure Automatic Downloads for Books is toggled on

That's it! It worked for me. Suddenly all my devices had their keyboard shortcuts in sync! I am using the latest iOS which is 8.1.

Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711