Will I run into problems when restoring a iOS 7 backup after installing iOS 8?
Hi, during the update process to iOS8, it froze and then failed. Now my ipad is in the recovery process. itunes gave me the option to restore to factory settings using the newest version of OS, but worried if I do that I won't be able to recovery my last back up in the cloud since it was on the last version of iOS7 before the update. Before I do this, can someone tell me if I am going to run into issues here? Thanks.
- 09-18-2014, 01:18 PM #2
re: Will I run into problems when restoring a iOS 7 backup after installing iOS 8?
You can restore a backup made with an older version of iOS onto a device with a newer iOS version, but you cannot restore a backup made with a newer version of iOS on a device running an older version. Having said that, you *should* be fine.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 09-19-2014, 11:09 PM
- By himmatsj in forum iOS 8Replies: 8Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2014, 12:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2014, 12:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2014, 11:59 AM