Why does the Find my Friend app keeps saying "Location not available"?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I added my "friend" to the Find my Friend app, she added me, everything worked fine until two days ago. Now it just keeps saying "locating".

After a few minutes it goes to the next screen ands says "Location not available".

Location services is on. I don't understand why it's not working for my phone (5s) but when I checked my friends phone she can see my location on her phone (5c) with no issues. I just reinstalled the app on my phone as we'll. Any Idea on how I can fix this.

va8e4a7e.jpg
zy6anyge.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Find my Friend app keeps saying "Location not available"?

Is it possible that your "friend" has blocked you or has disabled location services on her device? If yes to either, her location will not be detected via the app.

dannyxxo

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why does the Find my Friend app keeps saying "Location not available"?

It doesnt mean they blocked you lol, it means there phone is off.

You can also try turning your phone on and off, as well as double tapping the home button and swiping up to get rid of the message tab and then reopening it and trying to check the location again.

LL49

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site

So I also need some help with this. I went to school, had it after school, and then I was walking with my friends when I realized I didn’t have it. I believe I left I left it on the bench I was sitting at after school. At the end of the day my phone is usually at about 20 or 30%. I have no idea if it’s dead but it’s definitely not turned off. And I have no idea if it connected to the schools Wi-Fi automatically or not. It says no location found (offline). Is there a way to get it to show a location? I re traced my steps and everything and still didn’t find it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

So I also need some help with this. I went to school, had it after school, and then I was walking with my friends when I realized I didn’t have it. I believe I left I left it on the bench I was sitting at after school. At the end of the day my phone is usually at about 20 or 30%. I have no idea if it’s dead but it’s definitely not turned off. And I have no idea if it connected to the schools Wi-Fi automatically or not. It says no location found (offline). Is there a way to get it to show a location? I re traced my steps and everything and still didn’t find it.

Assuming it’s a person with bad intentions who found it must have turned the phone off.

Go to the police to report the device as stolen and check Find My app regularly to see if the device pops up back again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Did you have the passcode enabled? I agree with @Tartarus - report this to the police .

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Also, report the device stolen to your cellular carrier. That way they can flag the serial number.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner