Is this the way Apple sends a virus to your phone so you'll buy an iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

Just did a update about 3 weeks ago and since then the batt runs low fast and gets overheated to the point u can'yt rest it on your ear.....is this the way apple sends a virus to your phone so u'll buy a i 6 ?????

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I 4 PHONE

Hi and wlecome to imore. Let's see if we can help you. :)

Did you update it to iOS 7.1.2?

If so, remember the iPhone 4 is nearly four years old now, with four year old hardware and iOS 7 is the last iteration of iOS that the phone will support. You're likely to get sluggish behaviour on the older hardware for a start.

And I expect you were being glib with your remark about Apple sending a virus to your phone as we all know that's just a stupid thing for Apple to do.

Firstly though, try a soft reset by holding down the Power button and Home button until you see a white screen with the Apple logo on it, then let go of both buttons and let the phone start up normally. See if that helps your battery drain and overheating.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi and wlecome to imore. Let's see if we can help you. :)

Did you update it to iOS 7.1.2?

If so, remember the iPhone 4 is nearly four years old now, with four year old hardware and iOS 7 is the last iteration of iOS that the phone will support. You're likely to get sluggish behaviour on the older hardware for a start.

And I expect you were being glib with your remark about Apple sending a virus to your phone as we all know that's just a stupid thing for Apple to do.

Firstly though, try a soft reset by holding down the Power button and Home button until you see a white screen with the Apple logo on it, then let go of both buttons and let the phone start up normally. See if that helps your battery drain and overheating.
Isn't that a hard reset? I thought a soft reset was just the top power button, then slide to power off. Then after a minute, power back on. Am I wrong?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Isn't that a hard reset? I thought a soft reset was just the top power button, then slide to power off. Then after a minute, power back on. Am I wrong?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

You are correct it was just a slight over sight in posting we all do it on occasion

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen