iPhone 5 crashed

I

iMore Question

Hello all.

The power button on my iPhone 5 is inoperable, the phone is one of the batch that qualifies for a free replacement but I haven't had this done yet as allegedly it is a 2 to 3 day process, my phone is due to be upgraded by my service provider in a couple of months and I reckoned I could wait until then to get the repair done.

However:

In the meantime my phone has frozen with the 'Alarm' displayed on the screen and the 'Tap to snooze' message displayed. The alarm had activated however the phone is unresponsive and seems to have crashed.

As the power button is inoperable I have been unable to either shut down or reset my phone. I've also connected it to my MBA and iTunes but haven't been able to connect the two as the phone is unresponsive. I tried removing the SIM too but to no effect.

Short of taking the phone to my local Apple Store which is my last option I am currently trying to run my phone down so the battery is discharged, however this is taking some time as the phone is in flight safe mode and wireless and mobile data are switched off.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I could power down my phone in the meantime? I'm looking at a couple of days minimum for the battery to discharge.

Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Those other issues might expedite a swap out at the store... Take it in and have it looked at... Oh also mention the battery.

They will take care of you. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2