How can I update my jailbroken iPhone 4S to iOS 7.1.4?
I have an iphone 4s . phone is unlocked and jailbroken operating with ios 6.1.1 Want to upgrade to ios 7.1.4.. Only non standard app I use is one called tether me which allows using phone as a hot spot for my ipad. when I try to up grade (settings,general ,software update ) phone says checking for update ) will do this forever (9 hrs) last try and nothing changes.
do I have to delete cydia first ( I have never used it) and if successful can I get back tether me (dont no where to look for it ) using phone with a staight talk sim card for att carrier.
thanks for any help Im new to the iphone
- 09-12-2014, 08:02 AM #2
re: How can I update my jailbroken iPhone 4S to iOS 7.1.4?
I have VERY LIMITED knowledge of jailbreaking. Having said that, would it be easier to connect your iPhone 4S to iTunes, update to the aforementioned iOS version, and then re-jailbreak?
- By kingweb in forum iPhoneReplies: 17Last Post: 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM
- By Stan Jackson in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:54 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:00 AM