- iMore Intermediate
- 259 Posts
I received an email asking to confirm my Apple account information. Is it a scam?
I received this email today:
Dear AppStore User,
We need to confirm your account information, you must confirm your appstore account before we close it .
Click the link below to confirm your account information using our secure server:
Confirm Now (link)
I figure this is a scam but has anyone else received this?
- 09-11-2014, 01:46 PM #2
- 09-11-2014, 01:58 PM #3
- 09-13-2014, 09:47 AM #5
Confirming your account information
Yup.....never hit one of those links to "verify" your account!!!!!
Chances are this is exactly how those stars' nude photos got out there. Not a hatch at all, just good ol' phishing scam.
Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives
- By Aimes_D in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 12Last Post: 09-14-2014, 06:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2014, 08:20 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2014, 10:51 AM