- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Ipad Mini is dead... Please Help.
Ipad Mini (7.1.2) First stuck in Restart Loop, after restoring through Recovery mode, DFU mode it came back to life. But after sometime it again went into dead state. Now while charging with Wall Charger it shows itunes logo. PC is not detecting it. PC only detects it when I put it into DFU mode. But after extracting software, iPad screen flashes for once. And itunes stucks in "Waiting for iPad"??? Please Help.
iPad, iOS 7.1.2
- 09-09-2014, 08:49 AM #2
Re: Ipad Mini is dead... Please Help.
Start over from scratch.
1. Charge the device for about an hour while the device is powered off. Hold both the power & home button until the device powers off.
2. Put the device in DFU mode (nothing is displayed on the device's screen), then connect it to your computer and initiate the computer's iTunes app (Preferably the latest iTunes version).
3. When iTunes detects the device in recovery, select to restore and update it. Be sure your computer has internet access.
4. When the process is complete and you are at the welcome screen, set up your device as new and NOT from a backup.
If after doing the above, the device still reverts to a "dead state" (as you've described it), make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you.
- By gameson in forum iMessageReplies: 3Last Post: 09-13-2014, 05:15 PM
- By ocus in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2014, 02:44 PM
- By ocus in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 09-11-2014, 02:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-09-2014, 07:05 AM
- By Hisoka17 in forum iPhoneReplies: 8Last Post: 09-08-2014, 10:46 PM