Is it possible to set up a secondary contact with another ringtone?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I 've tried to find a solution on the interweb but no joy so,
Is it possible to set up a secondary contact with another ringtone between one already known phone and another ? or will the receiving phone just recognise the calling phone and use the existing tone ?
I'm sorry if this seems a bit garbled but it's early....

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: emergency call.

I really don't know what you're asking, sorry.
Could you try rephrasing your question (or write it in your own language if English isn't your native tongue)?

Do you want 2 contacts with the same phone number (for example, your brother and sister-in-law share one phone number).
If so, I think iOS will show the alphabetical first as Caller ID when you're being called - but this is just an assumption.

Or do you want 1 contact with 2 numbers, but a different ringtone for each?
For this you just make two contacts with the same name, but different number and ringtone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I knew it was early !
I need a phone( one, one number) to be able to call me in two different modes, one for everyday use, one for emergencies.
So, shall we say
C1-normal use- one tone
C2-emergency- a different more imperative tone.
geddit?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
How would your phone "know" that the call was an "emergency"?

Regardless, you cannot have two different ringtones for the same phone number if that's what you are asking.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I knew it was early !
I need a phone( one, one number) to be able to call me in two different modes, one for everyday use, one for emergencies.
So, shall we say
C1-normal use- one tone
C2-emergency- a different more imperative tone.
geddit?

Ah, right. I had something like that setup with Tasker for Android, but instead it was a SMS message with a code in it that made my phone beep like it's the end of days.
In fact, it was supposed to be used only in the end of days, but some people have a different idea of emergency than me.

Anyway this isn't really possible without the receiving phone knowing it's an emergency, sorry.

If it's really important, I'd suggest looking into using a prepaid phone for emergency use.
But that has it's limitations of course (carrying two phones, or risk not having the emergency phone around).

Or you could try one of those 'change my caller ID' apps, see if the receiving phone recognizes it as a different number.
I have no experience with such apps, though...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox