Enabled two-step verification and now can't download apps or songs

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Today I enabled two-step verification. Now when I try to down load an app on my phone or ipad I get an error message:

The item you tried to buy is no longer available

It doesn't matter what random app I pick from the App Store, nothing will download. My daughter tried to download several songs from iTunes and she got a message about the item being modified. None of them would download. We are not getting prompts for a verification code (my ipad and iphone were set up as trusted and verified).

Any ideas? Somehow I knew setting this up was going to cause some issue and I was right.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Someone else got the same App Store message when trying to download the free TapaTalk.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's down. Apple's systems status page shows no outages and my sister has been able to download the app I was trying to download and also a movie. I should mention I also changed my G-mail to two step auth but I don't use that email for my Apple ID so that probably not the issue.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I turned off 2 step on my Apple acct. and that didn't help. Then I turned off the 2 step auth on my gmail and that didn't help either. Finally I had to change the password and now it's back to normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711