Why am I low on memory with my iPhone 4S 8GB model?

Kalva Sateesh

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have iphone 4s. 8gb..
Im having total apps of 2.1gb (i have calculated all the app's memories).

But it is showing only 2gb of memory is left for usage. I know that ios takes 2gb from 8gb.

ios2gb+my apps2.1gb+free memory 2gb. Total 6gb only.
Where's the remaining 2gb has gone ? ?
Please help ??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Memory issue in 4s 8gb ??

Check the above, but also messages. Text messages in iMessage take a lot of space if you don't keep them deleted. Also built up cache in apps. Facebook grows really fast as does TapaTalk. If an app has "delete cache" in it's settings, I'd do it. Apps like Facebook you have to delete and reinstall to get rid of cache. Your contacts take up space. Use apps like Dropbox, Box or OneDrive to store photos, videos and gifs, then delete them off the camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Kalva Sateesh

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. I calculated all the apps memories including contacts notes and all internal applications also.
Calculation given me 2.1gb
But in usage it is showing 4.1gb used. Why ??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Check the above, but also messages. Text messages in iMessage take a lot of space if you don't keep them deleted. Also built up cache in apps. Facebook grows really fast as does TapaTalk. If an app has "delete cache" in it's settings, I'd do it. Apps like Facebook you have to delete and reinstall to get rid of cache. Your contacts take up space. Use apps like Dropbox, Box or OneDrive to store photos, videos and gifs, then delete them off the camera roll.

And delete Safari history. Sometimes it's what's known as "Other". If you connect to a computer, it will show what takes space. Many times it will show an amount of "Other". This is usually stuff like broken files, cache, and other junk. A restore fixes that.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's how I fixed it:

1)Back up the device to iCloud
2)Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings
-Device will reboot and start itself up as if it were a new device
3)Go through the process and it will ask if you want to set it up as a new iPhone, Restore from iTunes backup, or Restore from iCloud backup.
4)Choose Restore from iCloud backup
5)It will put all settings and apps that you had on your device back
6)Enjoy!

When I did this for my rMini, I had 2.0 GB left before the reset and restore. After, I had 5.5-6 GB left. A main reason for this is that all of the Apps you have downloaded and updated have a ton of memory stored in the cache, which takes up a lot of space. Another is all of the iOS updates that have accumulated space over the years, compounding on top of each other. Doing this should solve your problem :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice