iPhone IOS 6.1.3: I cannot unlock my auto rotation

I

iMore Question

It used to work, but now there is a lock at top of screen just to left of percentage of battery and I cannot figure out how to allow my phone to go in BOTH portrait and horizontal. Your help would be so appreciated!!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as your running iOS 6 you can't simply go to Control Center and toggle it on and off

But you will find it in Settings under the General tab

themurf1947

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is a rotation setting option in settings under the general tab but it is only to choose whether you can turn it on or off with the slide switch. It is checked and tapping it does not uncheck it. Additionally, it is not clear what the slide switch is. Is it the slide to open the home screen on wake-up or some other switch somewhere? In any event I can't unlock the rotation feature.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It used to work, but now there is a lock at top of screen just to left of percentage of battery and I cannot figure out how to allow my phone to go in BOTH portrait and horizontal. Your help would be so appreciated!!!

Double tap the Home button. Now scroll the list all the way to the left until you see the iTunes controls (volume, skip, etc). There should also be an icon there for the rotation lock. Tap it to toggle between lock and unlock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR