I want to shift to Iphone; Any advice?

I

iMore Question

Hey guys, i'm from Tanzania and was using Nokia Lumia 620, the biggest problem with this phone is battery life, i hardly reach 3 hours with it in 3G.

I have interests with Iphone 5 and i decided to shift to it.

Any advice especially on battery life because its my biggest concern right now.

Or any other iphone which i can stay with it for 10 hours in 3G.

Help out guys.

Thanks

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm from Tanzania and was using Nokia Lumia 620, the biggest problem with this phone is battery life, i hardly reach 3 hours with it in 3G.

Help out guys.

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to iMore. There's a lot of info on iOS devices on this forums, so why not join up and you will definitely be able to find more answer and take part in forum threads on the subjects that interest you?

My 5S will easily last an entire day on 3G and previously, my iPhone 5 would too (in fact all my previous iPhones have). In my opinion, the battery is really incredible on this device and I think Apple have done an amazing job in making it last so long considering the hardware inside.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore. The battery on my 5S lasts all day. The new iPhone 6 will probably be released within 3 weeks, so you might want to hold off until then. Good luck!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You will find many battery saving guides online. It should be fine. Just remember that videos and movies take a lot of battery. Good luck and enjoy. I use the 5 myself.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

oswegonative

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Just keep the screen brightness down and close applications when not using them, and battery life should be great.

Keeping multiple apps open is a battery drainer.

xandros9

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

Help out guys.

Thanks

Yea, the 620's battery is the smallest of the generation IIRC. (although it sounds defective if that's 3 hours normal usage, perhaps you should try a spare?)

I've seen iPhones do well in terms of battery life, my friend's 5 outpacing my 920 (10-15 hours, currently keeping it on 3G instead of LTE) and someone else's G2 (I think)
My mom's 4S holds up well with H+ data (3G/3.5G)

Also, always closing apps when done might not be the best option all the time, iOS handles multitasking fairly strictly (from my experience) and I've seen the argument that restarting apps from scratch could use more power.

I would wait until the next iPhone comes out, not for you to get, but it will likely herald a market price drop on the older models as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234