Need to unlock my iphone

Kobro

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
i really need to unlock my second hand iphone 3gs, i got it real cheap, so i thought is was a good deal, but then i found out its locked.
i was jailbroken within the day of buying it, but i really need to unlock it to work with my carrier. so of course i tried ultrasn0w, but it didnt seem to work, it gives me an endless searching- no service - searching cycle. when i put the same sim in my other phone, (factory unlocked) it works instantly, with maximum signal bars.
i tried purplesn0w as well, with the same result.
Can anyone please please please help me unlock?
i dont mind losing warranty, since its second hand anyway, and i jb'd with redsn0w, and untethered with the p0sixspwn cydia app.
and it needs to be free, as i dont have any method to pay for online services.

oswegonative

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Why not simply ask your carrier to unlock it ?

It's obviously out of contract by now, and you have the right to have it unlocked as long as you paid all dues and fulfilled the contract. Obama signed into law the cell phone unlocking bill, so they have to unlock it as long as the contract obligations have been met.

If not, then jailbreak should work, otherwise a paid unlock service would be the only option.

Kobro

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
can any carrier do that? because i do not live in the us, so can my carrier still do it?
i mean, my phone is second hand from the united states, so do my carrier have any option to unlock it?
and how do i do it with a jalibreak? ultrasn0w and prerplesn0w both did not work.