iPhone 4 won't charge/turn on after being off for a while

I

iMore Question

As the title says, my iPhone 4 will not charge or turn on. I stopped using it in April when I upgraded to a 5S, but the day I stopped using it it still worked perfectly and could've carried on being used. It's been off and in a drawer ever since, but now I want to use it again for extra music storage as my 5S is full. When I put it on charge, initially it will vibrate and show the apple logo like an iPhone does when it's turning on, but immediately after it will go black again.
Is this a common problem? Has anyone successfully managed to get theirs back to normal, if so how? Or can anyone explain the technology behind why it would not be working after a period of being off? I don't understand how no activity can just make the battery, or whatever it is, stop working.
Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that you haven't used it in a while, the battery could be completely depleted and may need to be on the charger longer than normal before it could be used properly. How long have you charged it? If not long, let it charge with the power off for about an hour and then turn it on.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My friend had a similar problem and he left his iPhone 4 on charge for about a week then it turned on all of a sudden.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2