Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is their something similar to IFTTT for the Mac?

I'm trying to do one seemingly pretty simple thing on my Mac. Something I was able to do in 5 minutes in my iPad (using IFTTT)...

On my iPad, every screenshot I take is marked with the date and time, placed in a specific folder on my ipad (photo stream) and a copy placed in a folder on Evernote.

I can use the Evernote menubar on my mac to screen capture if I just want them in Evernote... and I can find scripts that will move all the existing screenshots to a specific folder on the mac - but I want it all to happen, and automatically. It would be really cool if it asked if I wanted to annotate the copy heading for Evernote with Skitch prior to moving that copy - but that's a luxury.

Is there a utility that can readily do this? Automator is free at least, but All the tutorials I find just want to teach example workflows that don't readily help me create the script I need - or they start with an assumed understanding of script vs workflow vs app, etc. I guess I'm willing to learn Automator if there isn't a simpler way but I really just want to do this one thing, and the tutorials I've been able to find form Automator are really not working for me.

Any advice is appreciated.

Default Re: Is their something similar to IFTTT for the Mac?

I'm not aware of a Mac app with similar functions. Sorry.
    iMore Intermediate

125 Posts

Default Re: Is their something similar to IFTTT for the Mac?

Check out hazel, it's an automation app for the Mac. But I don't know if it suits your needs.
    Just_Me_D likes this.