The new Retina Macbook Pro 13 inch or 15 inch baseline version.

I

iMore Question

I am just at the end of my graduation and I am planning to buy a Macbook Pro but i am very much confused about the 13 and 15 inch model. As i am investing so much on a laptop so i thought to give 15 inch a shot but 15 inch only has iris pro graphics 256 gb SSD and 16 GB RAM . I am not a gamer but yes i like some casual gaming but looking upon 13 inch model it just gets a core i5 4th Gen and intel iris graphics and 8gb RAM and 256GB ssd . So i am concerned if it could deliver that much performance or not. And as i was investing this much i also wanted to make my laptop future proof for at least 3 years as hardware requirements changes frequently so please help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'd go with the 13 inch. I currently use a 13 inch MacBook (early 2009) model running OS X Mavericks without a problem and only with 4 GB RAM. Having said that, the 13 inch model described above should be more than sufficient for your needs, in my opinion.

Ankit Srivastava3

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If you want discrete graphics, it is an option on the 15" only. You pay dearly for that though. The Iris Pro on the 15" is better that the Iris on the 13". Either one should work for what I would define as "casual gaming". But without knowing how you define "casual gaming", it's hard to say which would be better. What are some of the games you currently play? And either laptop should easily serve you for three years.

I am not a gamer all though but yes sometimes i like to play Call Of Duty and NFS .i would be using it for my personal use and some kind of project work and i do not want to buy that discrete GPU model as my budget do not allow and i was considering the base line 15 inch version with only intel iris pro , but while my work is limited by now but then i also want that my laptop to serve me for at least 3 years , So considering 13 inch with dual core i5 and intel iris (MGX82HH/A) would solve these purpose?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not a gamer all though but yes sometimes i like to play Call Of Duty and NFS .i would be using it for my personal use and some kind of project work and i do not want to buy that discrete GPU model as my budget do not allow and i was considering the base line 15 inch version with only intel iris pro , but while my work is limited by now but then i also want that my laptop to serve me for at least 3 years , So considering 13 inch with dual core i5 and intel iris (MGX82HH/A) would solve these purpose?

Yes, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77