Can you help me install Windows on my MacBook (2006 model)?

sergeyg

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Having problems to install windows 7 on MacBook 2006.

Started all ok till windows asked me a SN, but the installation disk was inside and SN was written on it.
So I could not get the disk out and restarted MacBook.

Now, even I restored partition and created new one for windows, some how it remembers that I tried to install Windows and telling me to eject installation disk and boot to windows partition to complete installation, the problem is that at this point there is not yet activated a windows boot partition. Once I remove installation disk and try to boot, it shows only a single boot partition for iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't corrected the problem, try removing the installation disk, even if it means exiting the installation, jot down the serial number, and then go through the process of re-installing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are using Boot Camp to load Windows on the computer, use Boot Camp assistant to remove it and restart the installation process all together...and this time, write down the SN. ;)

Also, make sure you have a proper backup of OSX and any files you may want to retain, in the case you need to reformat the drive completely.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711