Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone screen shattered in otterbox

My Iphone 5c fell out of my sweater pocket with the defender otterbox on it. It fell on the ground not even 3ft and my WHOLE screen shattered. what will the otterbox company do for that? will they get me a new screen?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Default Re: iphone screen shattered in otterbox

Advise you to take it to an Apple store and have it repaired. They don't have any warranty on the cases for your phone. If the cases breaks they will replace the case. Not the phone.

I don't think Otterbox will do anything to replace your screen. I suggest making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store to have your screen replaced. Good luck.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,982 Global Posts

OtterBox Limited Warranty Details
    Otter Products, LLC and its affiliated companies worldwide (“OtterBox”) warrants our OtterBox products against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase of the product by a consumer (the “Warranty Period”). OtterBox does not warrant, and is not responsible for, any smart phone or other device made by anyone other than OtterBox.

Default iphone screen shattered in otterbox

There's no case made that prevents a screen from shattering if the device falls just right. It happens. It's rare with the better cases like Otterbox and Lifeproof, but it happens. Sorry for your bad luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

Wow I'd never heard of a screen shattering while in a Defender.

I'm sorry, OP. But Otterbox won't cover.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me with my Galaxy S4. Phone was in a defender, I was getting into my car, phone fell flat face down on pavement and screen shattered. Crazy! Glad my contract was about up. This time I'm getting a ZAGG glass shield and commuter case combo for my new s6. Hopefully the extra layer of glass will help stabilize the glass in some way. Also, the new gorilla glass 4 is supposed to be more durable. Fingers are crossed!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsroboto View Post
    Same thing happened to me with my Galaxy S4. Phone was in a defender, I was getting into my car, phone fell flat face down on pavement and screen shattered. Crazy! Glad my contract was about up. This time I'm getting a ZAGG glass shield and commuter case combo for my new s6. Hopefully the extra layer of glass will help stabilize the glass in some way. Also, the new gorilla glass 4 is supposed to be more durable. Fingers are crossed!
    That sounds like a good plan. I've heard good things about the ZAGG glass shield.
    iMore Nanite

Otterbox will do nothing about your iPhone 5c. I suggest making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store to have your screen replaced. Or you can get an iPhone 5c screen replacement from hcqs.cc and do the fix yourself. Good luck!