iphone screen shattered in otterbox

I

iMore Question

My Iphone 5c fell out of my sweater pocket with the defender otterbox on it. It fell on the ground not even 3ft and my WHOLE screen shattered. what will the otterbox company do for that? will they get me a new screen?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Advise you to take it to an Apple store and have it repaired. They don't have any warranty on the cases for your phone. If the cases breaks they will replace the case. Not the phone.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Otterbox will do anything to replace your screen. I suggest making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store to have your screen replaced. Good luck.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
OtterBox Limited Warranty Details
Otter Products, LLC and its affiliated companies worldwide (“OtterBox”) warrants our OtterBox products against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase of the product by a consumer (the “Warranty Period”). OtterBox does not warrant, and is not responsible for, any smart phone or other device made by anyone other than OtterBox.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's no case made that prevents a screen from shattering if the device falls just right. It happens. It's rare with the better cases like Otterbox and Lifeproof, but it happens. Sorry for your bad luck. :(

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow I'd never heard of a screen shattering while in a Defender.

I'm sorry, OP. But Otterbox won't cover.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

mrsroboto

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with my Galaxy S4. Phone was in a defender, I was getting into my car, phone fell flat face down on pavement and screen shattered. Crazy! Glad my contract was about up. This time I'm getting a ZAGG glass shield and commuter case combo for my new s6. Hopefully the extra layer of glass will help stabilize the glass in some way. Also, the new gorilla glass 4 is supposed to be more durable. Fingers are crossed!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with my Galaxy S4. Phone was in a defender, I was getting into my car, phone fell flat face down on pavement and screen shattered. Crazy! Glad my contract was about up. This time I'm getting a ZAGG glass shield and commuter case combo for my new s6. Hopefully the extra layer of glass will help stabilize the glass in some way. Also, the new gorilla glass 4 is supposed to be more durable. Fingers are crossed!

That sounds like a good plan. I've heard good things about the ZAGG glass shield.

tomsimth

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox will do nothing about your iPhone 5c. I suggest making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store to have your screen replaced. Or you can get an iPhone 5c screen replacement from hcqs.cc and do the fix yourself. Good luck!

Dubble GMZ

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
ipad Screen shattered while trying to squeeze it into otter box case cuz it didn’t fit

I tried to fit my iPad 5th gen into a otter box defender series case but it would not close so I put a sligh more pressure on the case and it cracked my screen will otter box cover the screen cus it would not have occurred had their case fit

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2