Why am I unable to download any apps from the App Store?

Shivanshu Vyas

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Why can't I download any app from the App Store while connected to a wifi network? I can still surf the web but I don't get the logic behind the App Store not able to download any app. It's kinda irritating and getting on my nerves now. IMG_0121.PNG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't download apps!

I know that the newest update was sent to Apple for approval a few days ago. Maybe it's unavailable because the newer version is being put in place or something. Give it time and try again later.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you're unable to download "any" apps like you stated in your post, try one or all of the following:

1. Reboot your device
2. Make sure you are logged in to the iTunes & Apple Store.
3. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
4. Make sure your account information is up to date or that you have enough funds left on your gift card, if applicable.

Shivanshu Vyas

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Tried all of the above, still can't download! Did I mention that I can still download apps on my 3G network but not on wifi. I just don't get it!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Tried all of the above, still can't download! Did I mention that I can still download apps on my 3G network but not on wifi. I just don't get it!

Is there a firewall or router setting in place that at prevent you from downloading from the App Store?

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Not that I know of! Until yesterday I was able to download but don't know what's wrong today.

Try resetting your wifi router, maybe change the security type, change password on it. Also try downloading using someone else's wifi.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Why can't I download any app from the App Store while connected to a wifi network? I can still surf the web but I don't get the logic behind the App Store not able to download any app. It's kinda irritating and getting on my nerves now.View attachment 62880

I had a similar issue, but it was regarding a purchase. Easiest thing to do was to initiate a chat session with someone from Apple, turned out to be a security setting on my iTunes account that needed to be updated.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This should not be the solution but give it a try:

Open your browser, go to your router (something like 192.168.100.1), if prompted, log in the router, find the settings for DNS servers and change it to 8.8.8.8.

If this doesn't do the trick as well, make sure your router is not connected to VPN.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I doesn't work hw cn I solve dis

Sign out of the App Store. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Then sign back in to the App Store.
If that doesn't work, call Apple Support.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro