Hi guys, I have a few questions:
1. When using an app that has native airplay built into it, if the stream is coming over the internet, does my phone get the stream from the internet and send it to the apple tv? Or does the phone just give the streaming info to the apple tv so that the apple tv does the streaming?
2. Similar to my first question, but for itunes match. If I use airplay to send music from my phone to the apple tv, where is it getting the music from?
3. I recall that I used to be able to use other apps, or turn off the screen(standby) when using airplay. But now for video apps, the airplay stream stops. I used to jailbreak, maybe this was a jailbreak trick?
- 08-12-2014, 06:43 PM #2
Re: Airplay questions
1. My assumption is the Apple TV is getting the info from the device for the beaming. Even though they are both required to be on the same Wifi network.
2. Pretty much the same as the first answer. It's such a small file that either way isn't really using too many resources.
3. It depends the app. Some video apps don't have backgrounding enabled for airplay and some do. Just a matter of the developer updating the app to make it work. I use VideoPane when an app doesn't even airplay at all and it runs in the background. It doesn't work for every single app, however. Luck of the draw.Formerly forever29
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Mini with Retina
- 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM #3
- 08-13-2014, 12:45 AM #4
- 08-13-2014, 08:09 AM #5
- 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM #6
- 08-13-2014, 09:31 AM #7
- By unstoppablekem in forum MacBook ProReplies: 35Last Post: 09-01-2014, 11:57 PM
- By Heisenberg in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2014, 11:52 PM
- By TRICKorDEVICE in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 04:48 PM
- By Katrina Faulks in forum iOS 8Replies: 11Last Post: 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2014, 01:25 PM